The tonneau KING® Ford Tri-fold® Soft Cover is not the average clip-on cover. No drilling or tools are required to do the DIY fitment. The unique tri-fold® cover folds up in three and clips in underneath the lipping on the inside of the bin. The tri-fold® covers can be taken off entirely and put back on in seconds, which allows you to have the complete bin available for use. The bin is lockable with the cover in place. The covers will not open when the tailgate is up and closed. With a tailgate lock in place, your bakkie bed is entirely secure.
The covers are designed for the South African climate. The top is made of top marine grade vinyl and marine grade stitching on an industrial 6063 grade aluminium frame with nylon-6 clips. No plastic or PVC is used. Our vinyl and thread is UV treated vinyl and has been tested to withstand temperatures from minus 1 up to 110 degrees Celsius without budging, tearing or changing shape, which makes our covers an excellent choice no matter where you live and drive your bakkie.
The marine grade vinyl itself is fully water & dust proof. Our tri-fold® covers have all-round seals to prevent water and dust from entering the bin. Our tri-fold® is most probably the only tonneau cover in South Africa that seals at the top of the tailgate itself, where dust is prone to enter. The majority dust enters at the tailgate, due to the turbulence caused at the back of your bakkie while driving. A negative pressure, also formed in the bin, will suck in more dust. We suggest having a look at our Dust Sealing Kit for your bakkie’s tailgate and bin.
The Ford Tri-fold® Soft Cover is a solid, all in one unit, with no parts that can come apart. Buying a tri-fold® cover is a once-off investment. The unit most likely will outlive your bakkie and can be repaired and the complete unit does not need replacement. Tri-fold® Soft Covers have a 5 year guarantee due to our materials used.
The covers will fit most Ford bakkies without a roll/sports/styling bar. For bakkies with a bar, we designed drill-free styling bar fitment brackets to fit most standard roll/styling bars on the market. If the two legs of the roll/styling bar takes up more than a third of the bin – the cover will only be able to fold once on the tailgate side. We cannot fit a tri-fold® cover on a sports bar such as the Ford Wildtrak, however the bar can be removed to fit the cover with another styling bar.
How do you fit a tri-fold® tonneau cover with a roll bar?
We designed drill-free styling bar fitment brackets to fit most standard roll/styling bars on the market. The styling bar is mounted on our drill-free brackets, then the cover slides in underneath the bracket. Some bars can not be accommodated and we suggest having a look at our tonneau KING® Styling bar before getting another one. These are made specifically to fit with the tri-fold® cover range.
Good to know:
- No rattling or falling off with the R-clips supplied to keep the handles in place and can withstand the toughest and roughest dirt roads.
- It is possible to drive with the cover opened. When folded up in three there are two clips which need to be fastened in order for you to securely hold the cover together when driving with in open.
- Most bicycle racks can be fitted with Skitch® brackets, some Thule racks can also be fitted.
- Snomaster designed a custom 65-litre fridge to fit under any tonneau cover.
- Rubberising of the bin is no problem. The seals on the cover will set to the shape of the uneven rubberising, however if some rubberising spots stand out prouder, shave the uneven piece to ensure a snug fit.
- Independent tests have found that the cover can save up to 10% on your fuel per tank.
Maintenance is simple: Only wash the cover with soap and water (Sunlight liquid & water), keep away from polishes, silicone-based products to ensure your cover to lasts longer than your bakkie.